Followers

Friday 17 May 2013

Maybank Internet Banking - Security

Hello readers!

Welcome back to my blog. For this entry, I would like to share with you about my experience in internet banking. For your info, yesterday I lost my purse.I am very frustrated with myself. Due to my mistake, I lost my identity card, bank card, 'nikah' card and SISWA card. As a consequence, i cannot enjoy student's discount anymore for the rest three months as a student in UiTM.
Within one day, I need to do a police report, go to JPN to make new IC, go to JPJ to make new driving license and also block all my ATM cards. I have a lots of ATM cards. However, there are only three active accounts. Hehehe. I transfer all my savings to my husband account through online internet banking. Now, I would like to share with you, how secured is Maybank Internet Banking. Every bank has their own security rules for the online transaction but most of them are same.

First step: We go to Maybank website - www.maybank2u.com.my.

Here, you login with your OWN username. (please do not simply login others account, it is a bad manner). Then, there is a verification login. You need to verify the image shown. This image, you choose during your first time sign up to use internet banking with Maybank.





When you very sure that the image shown is your chosen image, then you may proceed to enter your password. But, if not, please do not enter your password. There is a box up there that remind you. As you are successfully login, this webpage will appear:
Now, you may start your online internet banking at anytime and anywhere for more fast and easy way. Oh yes. Before I forget, when you do online transaction with maybank2u, you may choose to ask the recipient's bank to verify the recipient's account number together with identity card's number and name before the bank proceed with the transaction. This procedure is important in order to ensure that you are not transferring the money to any stranger's account.

 

Before I end up my entry, I am interested to share with you about the top hackers in the world. Just for your additional information. I got this information from Discovery Channel: Enjoice!!



Albert "segvec" Gonzalez
       as an informant for the secret service, providing information on other credit card thieves

Jonathan James
       By age 16, James was charged with hacking into computer systems belonging to NASA and the Department of Defense

Matthew Bevan and Richard Pryce
       trying to break into U.S. military systems
       Nearly started a war

The Masters of Deception - Mark Abene and John Lee
       taking particular advantage of the country's phone system in order to hack into various corporate and government networks.

John Draper
       tinkering with the phone system, learning its intricacies, its internal codes (including, allegedly, a code that allowed him to get President Nixon on the phone) and how to hack the system for free calls
Robert Tappan Morris
       Now a tenured professor at MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
       Released the first computer "worm," a virus that went on to infect 6,000 Unix-based computers. Many of these machines suffered serious damage
Gary McKinnon
       accused of hacking into U.S. government computer networks in late 2001 and early 2002
Adrian Lamo
       broke into the networks of a number of major companies (Yahoo, Microsoft and Google)
       but he often contacted the companies and told them about the security holes
       In some cases, he also helped them fix these holes without accepting any compensation

Kevin Poulsen
       hacked a radio station's phone lines in order to win a call-in contest whose prize was a Porsche
       he allegedly stole classified information from the Air Force

Kevin Mitnick
       as a "social engineer" than a hacker.
       preferred to use "persuasion, influence and manipulation" in order to solicit information from influential people


Hacker is a talented person and he has skilled in computer programming. Some of them misused this talent and tend to commit crime. In order to avoid the breach in the organization system, the management need to develop and implement security system. As a manager, we should consider how this security system works and constantly review and update the system to protect the information system assets.










No comments:

Post a Comment