Followers

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara - Online Application

Dear bloggers,

As I mention in my previous entry, I need to apply for new identity card as soon as possible. I don’t want to get caught as ‘pendatang asing’. Haha. So,  as soon as I do the police report, I rushed to Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara at Kempas, Johor. I reached there around 2.oo pm. Yes, it is afternoon and of course it is so crowded with people. Some of them were carrying their babies. It is so hot outside the building. Nowadays, the temperature in Malaysia is reaching 35 degree Celsius...fuhh...

This is how it looks like when you go to JPN. There will be lots of people. However, the JPN officers managed to deal with all the customers in a systematic system. They are practicing numbering system. I also go and get the number. I need to wait for 10 people before my turn. I thought it will take about one hour until my turn. But, it is very surprise that within 15 minutes I have completed my matter. With my happy face, I went to JPJ at Taman Daya, Johor to apply for new driving license. The JPJ counter also practicing numbering system. But, at JPJ, the system is much faster and systematic than JPN numbering system. Why I said so?  This is because they have lots of service counter with different departments. They also have a fixed duration of time for the officers to deal with their customers. As the period passed, the number will automatically change and it’s turn for the next customer. During my visit at JPJ office, I saw that there is special counter for handicap and older people. This means that they offers a convenient service for ‘special customers’ too. 

Now, I want to share with you about JPN online applications. Before this, I am not so familiar with their online applications until today. While I am waiting for my turn, I search JPN website and I see there are lots of online applications that JPN offers to us. JPN functions are:
  •     Collecting, integrating and registering important personal information;
  •     Issuing registration certificates;
  •     Maintaining permanent registers; and
  •     Enforcing registration acts, ordinances and regulations.  
JPN online application offers:
1. WebMel
2. JPN Data Centre (JPNDC)
3.Sistem Tempahan Bilik Mesyuarat
4. Sistem Pengurusan Latihan (SISPEL)
5. Sistem Pengurusan Surat (S2P)
6. Sistem Pengurusan Dokumentasi Online (SPD)
7. Sistem Centralized User ID (CUID)
8. Sistem Pengurusan Fail Meja (Pilot BTM)

 

ICT SECURITY POLICY RATIONAL

“ICT Security” is defined as a situation whereby all transactions in providing and supplying services are running smoothly and  continuously without  interrupting the administration processes and governments ICT Delivery System

Government ICT asset have to be protected because it is a huge investment on the government side to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness on government ICT Delivery System.

ICT Asset is categorized into five major elements in Department

such a Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara Malaysia

(i)            Information or Data

(ii)           Software

(iii)          Hardware

(iv)         Support System or Infrastructure or utility; and

(v)          Human



Information that is stored in government ICT system is highly valuable because many resources have been used to create it and is hard to recreate all of it in a short duration of time. In addition to that, some of the informati on processed by the ICT system is sensitive and classified (Restricted, Confidential, Secret and Big Secret). Unauthorized exposure or secret leakage may harm national‟s interest. Any ICT's asset usage other than the intended meaning and purpose that has been outlined is considered as a misuse of government‟s resources. ICT security threats or incidents may affect all parties including ICT asset being manned.

JPN‟s 'ICT Security Policy' Breach is defined as any use of ICT assets other than its purposes and objectives stipulated in the ICT Security Policy. Examples include invasion, information theft, responding to junk mail or SPAM emails, emails dissemination or defamatory, and so on. Disciplinary actions will be imposed on anyone breaching the JPN‟s ICT Security Policy.


Other than that, JPN also offers:
1.       Sistem Permohonan Salinan Perakuan Tribunal

2.       MyIDENTITY

3.       Carian Tarikh Perkahwinan Bukan Islam di JPN 
4.       Permohonan Gantian MyKad


5.       Semakan Status Permohonan MyKid 
6.       Semakan Status Permohonan MyKad/MyPR/MyKAS 

 7.       Permohonan Gantian MyKad (MyEG)
These online applications help to improve their service and relationships with customers. It is so convenient and as a user, I found that this application help me in reducing the time consume.

No comments:

Post a Comment